DSB Job Description for School Librarian
DSB International School is seeking to appoint a full-time librarian. An extensive knowledge of Library operations and Learning Management systems is essential. It is desirable that the candidate has an understanding of International Curricula, approaches to research and is digitally literate.
Department: Education Administration
Responsible to: Head of Education Administration
Job Purpose: To assist Head of Secondary and Head of Primary in promoting and developing the school libraries in order to provide an efficient service to students and staff.
- Managing the Library LMS
- Managing the issuing and returning of the library’s stock
- Shelving stock and keeping the library in good order
- Provide support for cataloguing of new material to the library collection.
Processing new material so that it is ready for shelving
- Managing the library management system and supporting its use by students
- Running the overdue system
- Help library users find material to meet their needs
- Assisting library users to become proficient in using on line resources
- Encourage students and staff in using the library through supporting a range of library based activities
- Supporting teachers with the supervision of students using the library
- Work towards and support the school vision and current school objectives as outlined in the school development plan
- Engage actively in the performance review process
- Other duties reasonable to assist in the smooth operation of the library
Salary, and other terms and conditions negotiable